(WTH is a Meme, anyway? How'd it get that name?)
Thank you for the tag, Complicated Life! I feel loved :)
So, I'm going to combine this post, since I have some updates to share as well. Here are 10 Surprising Things About Me (not so sure how surprising they'll be):
1) I LOVE, and I mean LOVE to watch real-life murder shows. CSI is for posers. I much prefer Forensic Files, Dateline, just about anything on the I.D. channel... DH thinks I'm secretly plotting his murder, stocking up on tips from here and there.
2) I was only in college for 3 1/2 years. I entered with a class of 100 in February 2000, because my school has a special program where about 1/5th of their entering freshmen begin in February (the "Febs") and then we are supposed to graduate the January after the "Regs." But between AP course credit and a summer on campus in language immersion (Italian), I graduated in May 2003.
3) I've been boycotting McDonald's since the 3rd Grade when we saw a video about what they do to the land, the cows, etc. I had the occasional burger in high school when my basketball team would stop there after away games (I had no choice!) but other than that I haven't touched that crap in 21 years!
4) I can whistle and hum at the same time, but it's terribly difficult to match tones.
5) I apparently ovulated yesterday on CD 11. And had no mucus worth writing home about. My body is that messed up. Oh well, guess I don't have to spend money on progesterone this month.
6) I did my first vaginal steam bath (read more about it here) and LOVED it! I used basil, and my lady parts felt so special and pampered. I put the pot in the toilet bowl and sat right on the seat. (So, no, you don't have to literally squat for 20 minutes, you just sit, with the steam underneath you.)
7) My favorite non-alcoholic drink is an Arnold Palmer - half fresh-brewed unsweetened iced tea and half fresh lemonade. If either aren't fresh, it doesn't taste the same.
8) I don't like granite countertops. When we re-do our kitchen, I want marble.
9) We are drafting up our first offer on "the house" Sunday evening. The agent is going on vacation next week (of course!) so we will get this in before he does. NERVOUS!!
10) I've been sitting here for 5 full minutes thinking of something else to write. I give up.