that is the question.
Ever since my ovarian wedge resection, I CAN (miraculously) ovulate without ovulation inducing medication.
But lately, when I had to stop taking Femara for Dr. Hilgers' Hydrocort protocol, when I ovulate, it doesn't seem to be a very good one. I had premenstrual spotting for the first time ever both cycles on Hydrocort alone (no Femara).
So, me like-y ovulation meds.
This cycle, Labor Day weekend messed me all up. I was supposed to stop taking progesterone on 10dpo with a negative hpt. But "just in case" it was too early (who was I kidding?), I waited until 12dpo, took my last dose, then tested 13dpo am.
By then, it was obvious that CD 1 would come at an inopportune time. I needed to get blood work drawn and shipped to Chicago for Dr. Kwak-Kim on CD 3 this cycle. It was looking like CD 3 would be either Sunday or Monday (Labor Day)- eeek!! So, back on the progesterone I went, to try to hold off AF as long as possible. And even though I took it Friday night, AF arrived on Saturday, making CD 3 Monday (Labor Day).
Obviously no labs were open, so I needed to hold off and get the CD 3 b/w on CD 4, Tuesday. BUT, I didn't want to take my Femara TWO days late, instead of just one day late, so I decided to ask my Dr for Clomid this cycle (to start on CD 5) instead.
Long story short (is it too late for that?): DH went to pick up the prescriptions, didn't check the bottles before coming home, and there is no Clomid. Called the pharmacy and they said no Clomid was called in, but they did get a call in for Femara. Greeeeat.
We are also not taking the Zithromax this cycle (protocol for the CT), because a) it made me feel crappy last cycle, and b) our insurance is no longer paying for all 12 pills that each of us needs, instead they cover 6 per person per cycle... so we were paying $200 for the stuff. I decided to fill the 6 this cycle, and save it for next cycle. In the meantime, we are taking our Macrobid, which is the other antibiotic we take cyclically (not nearly as strong as Zithromax, though).
I'm really not sure what to do this cycle. If we should just not try, or what. I speak to Dr. Kwak-Kim on Monday, and will ask her advice, but more than likely, we'll take this cycle off. Which sucks. Because, unlike normal people who can just use infertile days to avoid, with the Chlamydia (and no Zithromax), I'm way too scared to have any sex at all and mess up our potential fertility in future cycles.
CT sucks. It has given me the biggest complex, but that's a whole other post.
Alright. Bring on October, with its injectables, horse-strength antibiotics, steroids, and IVIG (maybe?)!!